Best Credit Repair Services Review
We reviewed the best companies for credit repair.
Our Top Pick: Lexington Law
There are lots of credit repair companies and although there are federal protections against fraud, it is helpful to have some guidance as to the best companies out there. The following companies are well positioned to help customers go through the credit repair process.
Lexington Law Review
- Price: Lexington Law provides you with an opportunity to choose from the three different tiers of services, the first tier costs $79.95/month, $99.95/month and the last tier costs $119.95/month.
- Cancellation: These services are billed on a monthly basis and can be revoked at any point.
- Reputation: Lexington Law is the only repair service that is purely run by lawyers, hence, has a very strong reputation when compared to other repair services. In addition, it also has an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Guarantee: They only charge you for work that has been done on your report.
- Customer Service: Lexington Law has a very helpful customer service system such as their telephone service which is 24/7 along with their email and chat services.
The Credit People Review
- Price: The Credit People let you get started for just $39. You can get the best possible results from them for $89 per month. There’s no other hidden fees or extra costs on top of that.
- Cancellation: Credit People is a pay as you go service. That means you can cancel any time with no additional fees.
- Reputation: Credit People have an excellent reputation online. That includes a 9.4 out of 10 rating with preventloanscams.org, a 4.5 on bestcompany.com, and a 9.3 rating with Consumer’s Advocate.
- Guarantee: If you cancel then you won’t be charged for that month’s service. Their flat-fee pricing comes with a full 6-month guarantee. This model has resulted in more than 100,000 happy customers.
- Customer Service: Credit People offer online and phone registration. You get a free consultation and a dedicated account manager. You can file unlimited disputes. Their agents are responsive to phone and email and you get an online dashboard for 24/7 updates.
Credit Assistance Network Review
- Price: Credit Assistance Network’s services offer you with a free credit analysis once you leave them with a contact information. However, it has an initial fee of $179 per individual and $279 per couple on the first payment.
- Cancellation: Credit Assistance Network does not disclose cancellation details.
- Reputation: Credit Assistance Network is among the few that has stood the test of time since 2004 and so, you can trust the company. In addition, it has helped more than 12,00 people in the past decade and gained BBB accreditation in 2004. They also have TrustWave validation, something that most repair services lack, along with a 4 Star rating from Trust Link.
- Guarantee: Credit Assistance Network seriously complies to Federal and State Laws.
- Customer Service: As a client, you get all-access 24/7 to a personal portal. In addition, you can reach them via a toll free phone, fax and email.
Sky Blue Review
- Price: Sky Blue has the lowest prices with the initial fee of $59 and a monthly fee of $59.
- Cancellation: Sky Blue’s services are billed on a monthly period and can be cancelled at any time.
- Reputation: Sky Blue is one of the top credit repair services with an A+ rating from Better Business Bureau and some top ranking review sites.
- Guarantee: Sky Blue is just but a few of repair services that have a full 90-day refund and they don’t ask for specific reasons for cancellation.
- Customer Service: One of the most unique thing about Sky Blue is their customer service, they offer the best services so far with 24/7 feedback from the company, which is very unusual for a repair service company.
- Price: CreditRepair.com has just one tier of service which includes all of their bells and whistles and this costs $99.95
- Cancellation: CreditRepair.com’s fee is billed on a monthly basis and can be cancelled at any time.
- Reputation: CreditRepair.com comes with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and has a very solid reputation.
- Guarantee: The one thing that CreditRepair.com has made most interesting is the fact that you will only be charged monthly once they have finished all the work you had agreed upon.
- Customer Service: CreditRepair.com reduces the burden for customers as they are known to have an amazing and easy to use interface.
Features of the Best Credit Repair Companies
Working with Credit Repair companies guarantees you of the following:
Adjust any errors on your credit reports.
Help improve your FICO score.
Negotiate with your lenders by sending them letters of good faith to remove negative items.
Look for your credit report from the three credit bureaus that is Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
Remove negative items on your credit reports through known loopholes.
How do Credit Repair services work?
Credit Repair services work by changing or removing items from your credit report that end up dragging down your credit score. These repair services look for ways of adjusting mistakes such as negotiating with lenders to remove or change the negative reporting, or utilizing lawful loopholes and credit reporting rules and regulations to remove any of the negative items placed there.
Of course, you can do this by yourself but working with professionals who are aware of the procedure and have done this for a long time have a better understanding of how credit works. However, unlike credit cards and online loans, there is no approval process when it comes to credit repair.
What Credit Repair Companies Do
The first thing they do is they assess your credit situation by evaluating the credit reports. You will have to provide all relevant documents and information to them.
Then, the company will provide you with a plan of action that thinks is best to improve your credit score whether it is fixing some errors or sending letters of good faith to your lenders to remove negative items.
Once you’ve gone through the plan, then you can give the company the green light. Bear in mind that at first, things will seem to be moving slowly, and this is because inquiries and contentions all at once can raise red flags with credit bureaus, hence, it is better to move slowly at first.
What kind of Credit Repair service can I expect to see?
This depends on your credit report. If you have a lot of errors like having some misreporting from your lenders or factual errors, then the services will start with fixing those errors.
However, if you have a good history of your credit usage in the past or even just in the past few years, the repair service will easily negotiate with your lenders ensuring that negative items are removed from your credit reports. With repair services, you do not have to worry about negative items that lenders would traditionally refuse to remove.
Credit Repair services work together with credit bureaus within 30 days to verify the information and have your negative items removed. These are just a few ways that Credit Repair services can help you remove negative items on your credit report.
What you need to know
Lexington Law Credit Repair
Ultimately, a credit relationship is based in a contract between the borrower and the creditor. That is why it is such an attractive option to use a company that has legal expertise to repair credit. The Lexington Law company has three levels of service: the initial is standard removal of inaccurate items and solicitation of credit forgiveness by the companies that have items listed on the report. The second level provides additional services and monitoring, and the third provides fraud protection, monitoring and some financial planning tools to avoid future credit issues. Their services are monthly and can be cancelled.
The fact that they are familiar with the federal laws that require credit agencies to be responsive to their inquiries and to remove items in a timely manner is an indisputable advantage to their services. The placement of items is also ruled by law, and their expertise and reputation can only be of value in negotiations. The most valuable quality is that they have the boldness of lawyers and the legal skills to back up their services.
The Credit People
The Credit People seem to be a more direct and honest company than most. Their services are monthly and they offer a six-month flat fee cost with the option to cancel at any point. Their most attractive features are their seven-day $19.00 free trial period and their 100% money back guarantee. Their track record seems to show that they are prompt and efficient in their research and are often successful in identifying loopholes that allow negative items to be removed as well as negotiating with companies to remove items that may be legitimate but forgivable.
This company has an A+ rating from the BBB, which is almost unattainable in this industry. They have several levels of service, mostly distinguished by their cost and intensity. They provide free consultations and seem very honest about the cost of their services. There is an initial fee of under $99, as well as monthly fees that vary from from $49.99 to $99.99 depending on which package is purchased. Unlimited reports, 24/7 free phone consultations with live representatives and a 90-day money back guarantee are some of the more attractive qualities of their services. Their reputation is sterling with their customers which is no doubt the best measure of their value.
Credit Assistance Network
The Credit Assistance Network website is less than forthcoming about the details of their services. However, their 13-year tenure and their ratings with consumers speak well for their business. They have an up-to-date website with portal access that allows customers to follow the progress of their services 24/7, as well as email and one promised personal consultation with one of their agents.
The company initially provides a free credit repair evaluation and afterwards offers at least two levels of service. They offer a reduced price for couples so it seems likely that they specialize in helping prospective homeowners guarantee their creditworthiness before they apply for their home loan. Credit Assistance Network offers a 20% discount for referrals from current clients and a money back guarantee, although the terms of the guarantee are not spelled out on their website. They also agree to send unlimited number of dispute letters to creditors and persistence does produce results. Their services are monthly and can be cancelled, although the terms for cancellation are also less than clear. The lack of detail is not necessarily a sign that they are shady, since they are accredited by the BBB.
Sky Blue Credit Repair
This is one of the best companies to use if you know that your credit is repairable and all that is needed is an agent to negotiate with the credit reporting agencies to ease the process. Their services are geared toward the more basic steps in the credit repair process: they will get inaccurate items removed, begin disputes and send goodwill letters. These are the basic actions most credit repair companies provide, but they often add unnecessary services. Sky Blue keeps their costs down by handling their clients’ business through the most common and effective means. That allows them to offer their services for a lower monthly price than most companies; $59.99 to start the process and $59.99 per month for the monthly services.
Given how many customers they have served, Sky Blue has an amazing number of positive credit repair reviews from their clients. They have received an A+ rating from the BBB, which is very rare in the credit repair industry. No doubt this is related to the fact that they offer a 90 day no questions asked guarantee.
This company provides the most up-to-date and thorough services of any on the list. They have portal services to allow the client constant access, a broad range of services that encompass the possible credit repair avenues and do not accept payment for their services until they are completed, which is literally unheard of. They enjoy an A+ rating from the BBB, also a very rare occurrence. Their style is to get the credit agencies and your creditors to justify their comments and follow up by confirming the removal of items from your report.
Final Thoughts and Guidance
The basic services that any credit repair company should provide are researching your credit report, identifying items that could be removed and negotiating with creditors for their removal, as well as correcting inaccuracies and repetitions on your report. They should also confirm that all item removals have been recorded by the agencies and that your score has been adjusted accordingly. It is important to look for the terms of their guarantees and the pace of their services, since the cost of the service is calculated over time. Credit repair services are becoming more necessary as credit scores are more frequently used when assessing a person’s credibility and trustworthiness. It is important to choose a company that will best serve your needs in the least amount of time possible.
Credit, credit reporting, and credit repair can be confusing. That’s why we put together this guide to some of the most common credit repair questions. We’ll go over the basics of credit repair, help you understand credit repair companies and how to pick the best company. Finally, we’ll look at some specific questions that people have about credit repair.
Use this information to make informed decisions about your credit. Your credit score is important, don’t let it suffer because you don’t know the answers to these key questions!
Credit Repair Basics
This section covers all of the basics of credit repair. We’ll answer questions that will help you understand the key aspects of how a credit repair company works. We’ll also help you understand a bit about how different companies price their services and what methods credit repair companies use.
What is A Credit Repair Company?
How Much Do Credit Repair Companies Charge?
What Do Credit Repair Services Do?
How Do Credit Repair Companies Repair Credit?
How Much Do Credit Repair Companies Cost?
What is Credit Restoration?
How Many Credit Repair Companies are There?
What Does Credit Repair Mean?
Can A Credit Repair Company Really Help?
What Kind of Service is Credit Repair?
What is an Average Amount to Pay for Credit Repair Services?
When Should Someone Contact a Credit Repair Service?
Understanding Credit Repair Companies
This section will help answer some of the more detailed questions you might have about credit repair and credit repair companies. Your credit is important, and any financial service can be a risk. We’ll help you understand how to spot legitimate credit repair companies and answer other questions regarding how credit restoration services specifically work to boost credit scores.
Do Credit Repair Companies Really Work?
Are Credit Repair Companies Any Good?
Are Credit Repair Companies Scams?
Are Credit Repair Companies Legitimate?
Is Credit Repair Legal?
What Method Do Credit Repair Companies Use?
How Do Credit Repair Companies Remove Debt?
What Type of Business is a Credit Repair Service?
How Long Does it Take to See Results From Credit Repair Services?
What Happens Once you Start Using a Credit Repair Service?
Picking a Credit Repair Company
There are thousands of credit repair companies out there. This section will help you understand how you should go about picking the best credit repair company.
Different companies have different strengths and weakness. That means you need to know how to find a company that is skilled and experienced in helping people in your specific situation. Moreover, every credit report is different. That means you might get better results from some companies than you’d get from others. Use this information to find the best credit repair company for you.
Should I Hire A Credit Repair Company?
What is the Best Credit Repair Company?
Can Credit Repair Service Hurt My Credit?
How Effective are Credit Repair Services?
What to Look for in A Credit Repair Company?
How to Hire A Credit Repair Company?
How to Choose A Credit Repair Company?
Are Credit Repair Companies Worth the Money?
Should You Work with A Credit Repair Company?
How Do Credit Repair Companies Set Up Their Recurring Payments?
Who has the Best Credit Repair Service?
Which is the Best Online Credit Repair Service?
What are the Top Recommended Credit Repair Services?
What are Some Red Flags that can Come Up from a Credit Repair Service?
Another red flag you need to watch out for is when they demand upfront payment (this is banned by CROA) and does not provide you with a written contract.
How to Identify Legitimate Credit Repair Services?
Credit Repair Specifics
This final section covers the different specific questions that people ask about credit repair and credit repair companies. We’ll do our best to provide the most detailed answer possible. However, every credit repair service is unique, as is every credit report. Therefore, you’ll want to make sure to ask the credit repair companies you’re considering what they can specifically do for your credit issues.
It’s also important to keep in mind that credit repair and credit reporting are complex processes. Credit reporting is also prone to human error. Therefore, different strategies might work better depending on your specific situation.